Inverness Auto Insurance
Getting in an auto accident isn’t something anyone plans on doing. As the person behind the wheel, you’re responsible for yourself and other drivers on the road. To ensure your safety and those you share the road with, getting a sufficient auto insurance policy is worth considering to protect yourself and others by covering aspects like damages and recovery costs. For example, if an uninsured motorist hits your vehicle or your car takes on damage during a storm, you’ll need to get it repaired, and an auto insurance policy will help take care of that.
One of the most important aspects of an auto insurance policy is that it fits your exact needs and wants. The Hagar Group will help ensure that you, a resident of Inverness, have the right policy to protect yourself and others from the unique risks of the Florida roads. Our experienced agents will be with you every step of the way to assist you in getting customizable, adequate coverage.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
A full coverage auto insurance policy combines coverages to cover nearly any unexpected loss you might encounter as a vehicle owner or operator. Full coverage policies may include:
- Liability insurance: When an accident is deemed your fault, this coverage helps you pay for the damage you do to others (such as other drivers) who weren’t in the car with you.
- Bodily injury liability coverage: This plan pays for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property damage liability coverage: This pays for damage to the other party’s property.
- Collision insurance: This covers damage to your own vehicle that you sustained in a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance: This coverage pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
- Medical payments coverage/Personal Injury Protection (PIP): If you get hurt in an accident, this coverage can pay your medical bills. It sometimes will cover other losses, like lost income.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance: This protects against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run, for example, then this coverage can pay for your car’s damage.
Plus, to further customize your benefits, you can add countless perks into qualifying policies, including:
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Custom parts coverage
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Vanishing deductibles
- Gap insurance
What Auto Insurance Does Inverness Require?
In Florida, all drivers are required to carry at least:
- $10,000 PIP coverage
- $10,000 Property damage liability coverage
To protect yourself from the risks of damages and recovery, getting adequate coverage rather than the bare minimum is something to heavily consider.
Insure Your Vehicle Today
Protect your vehicle with a reliable car insurance policy from The Hagar Group. Call us at (352) 726-1691 or fill out an online quote form to get started!
Common Auto Insurance Questions
Is Florida a Fault State?
In terms of auto accidents, Florida is not a fault state. In other words, no matter who is responsible for causing a car accident, each driver is expected to file a claim with their own PIP coverage before they can file a lawsuit or liability claim against the other driver’s benefits. You can only file against someone else’s policy when you reach a specified limit.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Essentially, auto insurance steps in to cover unforeseen damages and costs caused by an auto accident to help reduce significant out-of-pocket costs for those involved. This is done through a premium that you pay your insurer in exchange for coverage.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Every driver’s needs are unique. Full coverage is recommended, but it’s crucial to get a customizable policy that fits your car’s needs. Our agents will help you get the right policy for a reasonable price.
How are Auto Insurance Premiums Calculated?
Auto insurance premiums are calculated depending on your age, gender, location, driving record, credit score, coverage limits and other factors. We will help you get the right plan without incurring unreasonable costs.
Make sure you fill out an online quote form
to find out how much you can save on car insurance.